Science: ANIMALS INCLUDING HUMANS.
Describe the ways in which nutrients and water are transported within animals, including humans.
Pie chart of blood types in the UK
Create a line graph about pulse rates after exercise.
Comparative line graph about healthy and drug abuser’s heart rates.
Compare and convert lengths of blood vessels in different parts of the body and in different ages of people.
Solve fraction problems about a healthy diet.
Compare, convert and order the capacity of smokers and non-smokers’ lungs.
Biography on William Harvey
Persuasive leaflet on the impact of drugs
Instructional writing to create a healthy meal
History: : THE MAYAN CIVILISATION
Understand some of the reasons why the Mayans disappeared from their cities in AD850.
AMERICA AND MEXICO
Focus on Mexico City and compare the similarities and differences between Mexico City and London, looking at work, population, city size, climate, land use, dwellings etc.
Art: Frida Kahlo
Work with complementary colours.
D.T: Make a Pizza
Show awareness of a healthy diet from an understanding of a balanced diet.
|· Music: Pupils should play and perform in solo and ensemble contexts, using their voices and playing musical instruments with increasing accuracy and fluency.
· Improvise and compose music for a range of purposes using the interrelated dimensions of music.
· Listen with attention to detail and recall sounds using aural memory.
· Use and understand staff and other musical notations.
· Appreciate and understand a wide range of high-quality live and recorded music drawn from different traditions and from great composers and musicians.
· Develop an understanding of the history of music.
FOCUS STUDY – blues and jazz.
Please follow the Val Sabin scheme of work
Gymastics, dance and games
R.E (Please follow the Southwark agreed syllabus)
Computing: Coding, Programming and Computer Games
Work systematically to identify and correct errors and problems in their own and others programs
|Topic writing links: (please teach during Friday’s literacy lesson and work in topic/Science books
· Write a day in the life from a Mayan perspective.
· Write a booklet about Mayan beliefs
· Write about Stepehn’s and Catherwood’s work on the Maya
· Write a diary/letter/postcard about a Day of the Dead festival
· Write an advert for a Day of the Dead festival
· Write an explanation of why the Maya disappeared from their cities
· Write a letter from an invader arriving at Meso-America for the very first times
· Write instructions re sacrifice
· Write an eye-witness account of a human sacrifice
· Write a report contrasting Mexico city/London
· Write a recipe for making pizza
· Write a simple biography about Ptolemy, Alhazen or Copernicus
Maths topic Links: (work to be in topic/Science books)
Solve problems using Mayan number systems
Order and compare population sizes of cities in N and S America.
Construct graphs and charts based on data about S and N America.
Read and complete timetables about everyday life in the Maya.
Solve measure problems about Stephens and Catherwood’s archaeological work/distances travelled.
Fraction problems based upon cooking quesadillas.